Desirae Odjick Harding
Content marketing manager at Shopify, personal finance blogger at Half Banked, dog mom.
At Shopify, I’m a content marketing manager for the ecommerce blog. I plan, create, and manage content that helps entrepreneurs start and grow successful businesses.
Here are a few of my favourite pieces:
- Commercial Insurance: What Is It, and Do You Need It For Your Store?
- Forecasting for Seasonal Businesses: Turning Big Months into Great Years
- How Can I Offer Competitive Shipping Rates as a Small Shop?
- How to Add Brand Personality To Your Store (Without Changing Your Theme)
- How to Optimize Your Product Pages for More Sales: 11 Expert-Recommended Tips
- How Trademarks Can Help Protect Your Brand and Business
- Investing in Your Business: What You Need to Know Before You Get Started
I also run Half Banked, a personal finance blog for millennials, where I use my content marketing skills to make learning about money fun, simple, and accessible—not snooze-inducing.
If that’s of interest, here are some of my favourite money posts and projects:
- The Best Personal Finance Books to Read in 2019
- Zero to Investing Hero (free email course)
- How to Plan Your Wedding Budget (And Your Regular Budget)
- Budgeting for Splurges: How to Build a Realistic Spending Plan
- Short-Term Savings Goals: How to Set Them and Save For Them
- Mortgage Insurance: Why Most People Really, Truly Should Not Buy It
- How to Start Investing as a Total Beginner
- Can You Afford a Car? Three Simple Ways to Figure It Out
- The Millennial’s Guide to the TFSA
- The Millennial’s Guide to the RRSP
When I’m not doing either of those things, I like to spend time with my dog, read books, lift (moderately) heavy things, and resist starting new online projects.